Cook Library offers a book delivery and pick-up service to faculty and staff with offices located on the main campus.
- Book from Cook - request a book owned by Cook Library that has "On Shelf" status in the library catalog
- Item transferred from another library - use this option if you have received notification that an item has arrived for you from another library
- Media Request - request an item from our Media Collection and schedule a delivery date for your use in the classroom
- Pick-up Request - let us know when you have items ready to return
Who is Eligible?
This service is available to all TU faculty and staff with offices in an Academic or Administrative building on the main TU campus.
What is Eligible for Delivery or Pickup?
- Books and media items listed in the Catalog USMAI as having an "On Shelf" status at Towson University Library.
- Items requested through the Patron-Placed Hold System via the Catalog AND you have been notified that the item is available for pick-up.
- Items requested via ILLiad, the Interlibrary Loan system AND you have been notified that the item is available for pick-up.
- We will pick up any circulating library material that is checked out to your TU library or ILLiad account.
When Will Items be Delivered or Picked Up?
Student assistants will pick up and deliver items weekdays between the hours of 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Delivery requests placed by 10 a.m. and pick-up requests placed by 12 noon will be honored the same day. All other requests will be filled the following business day. Given that transactions need to be tracked by the system, requests will be handled via the Web form only. Please do not phone in your requests.
Where Will the Items be Delivered?
Since this is a foot delivery service, student assistants will deliver to (or pick up materials from) mailboxes or department secretaries located in an Academic or Administrative building on the main TU campus. Deliveries cannot be made to the Residence Buildings or off-campus locations.
If you have questions about this program, please contact the Circulation Desk at 410-704-2456.