Interlibrary Loan Services for Faculty
- Submit an ILL request to have any article or book chapter owned by Cook Library scanned and electronically sent to your ILLiad account.
- All of your graduate students and off-campus students are eligible for Document Delivery as well.
Have a recently arrived ILL book sent directly to your office.
Special ILL requests require additional attention by ILL staff in order to be processed efficiently.
Please indicate special requests in the Notes field of your ILLiad request.
ExamplesRequesting an entire issue of a journal
- Instructions: Enter "SPECIAL REQUEST - ENTIRE ISSUE NEEDED" in Notes field [screenshot]
- Instructions: Enter "RUSH" in Notes field and the desired date in the Not Wanted After Date field [screenshot]
- Instructions: Enter "HIGH QUALITY" in the Notes field [screenshot]
If you are anticipating a research project that will rely heavily on ILL, please set up an appointment with the ILL Department to discuss your research needs.
Students can benefit greatly from understanding the ILL request process.
How we can help
- Help Guides: Direct your students to http://cooklibrary.towson.edu/ill.cfm for relevant Help Guides and other useful information.
- Classroom Visits: Contact the ILL Department to schedule an ILL presentation
- ILLiad-Based Assignments:
- Notify the ILL Department before assigning a task that requires your students to place an ILL request
- Students can indicate that they are submitting a practice request by entering "PRACTICE" in the Notes field of their ILLiad request [screenshot]
- Set your status to "FACULTY"
- Register your correct academic department
- Use an email account you check frequently
- Log in to update your profile information at any time
- Use the "Notes" field to communicate important information about your request
- Additional information for Distance Learning faculty
Login to ILLiad
Hours: M-F 9:00-5:00
Jason Ezell, Distance Learning Librarian
Emiko Ortega, Library Technician for ILL (Lending)
Eric Richardson, Library Technician for ILL (Borrowing)