MNGT375: International Business
News, company information, and market data. A must for international business research, because of its strong international coverage.
Articles from newspapers, trade publications, magazines, and scholarly journals on all aspects of business, including multinationals, globalization, international trade, joint ventures, outsourcing, and business etiquette.
U.S. and international news.
RDS Business Suite features three modules:
- Business & Industry (industry news)
- Business & Management Practices (articles on internal operations and strategy)
- TableBase (statistical tables, including market share/size)
...which can be searched separately or together.
Locate official statistics by country, region, or topic. Compiled by U. of Auckland Library.
Statistics and more information on importing and exporting.
With over 1 billion records, this database contains detailed imports and exports statistics reported by statistical authorities of close to 200 countries or areas, including annual trade data from 1962 to the most recent year.
A good place to find information about a company: description, brief history, principals, markets, brands, competitors, and financials.
- It works best to change the pulldown menu next to search box to Company Name.
- Check the box next to Hoover's Company & Industry Reports and/or International Company Reports in the Select Source(s) area of the search screen. (Look for Hoover's In-depth Records in your results list.)
Go to Dossier Create a List of Companies to generate lists of companies by industry code, geography, revenue criteria.
Search for companies worldwide by company, product, or industry code, as welll as by country or region. Some functionality and in-depth information is fee-based; Towson University does not have a subscription.
National and regional industry profiles. Sample report: Soft Drinks in Russia
To find an industry report, first do a simple search for industry and country. Example: soft drinks and Russia
Next, on the left side of the screen: Under Refine Results > Source Types > select Show More. Select Industry Profiles, if available, to see report(s).
RESERVES HC94.A1 C66
Economic, demographic, and market statistics and trends for consumer industries & products.
The library also has:
- Consumer Europe RESERVES HD7022 .C68
- Consumer Asia Pacific & Australasia RESERVES HC411 .C66
- Emerging Consumer Markets RESERVES HC79 .C6E64
(covers Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico, South Africa & Turkey)
- International Marketing Data & Statistics RESERVES HA154 .I58
- European Marketing Data & Statistics RESERVES HA1107 .E87
- Global Market Share Tracker RESERVES HD2757.15 .G56
(top consumer brands for 50+ countries)
- Retail Trade International RESERVES HF5428 .R47
Political and economic background on 250 countries and territories (not just Europe!).
This database contains extensive country reports from sources such as Datamonitor, Political Risk Yearbook, and the Economist Intelligence Unit.
To locate the reports, first search for the name of a country. Then, on the lefthand side of the page, under Refine Your Results: scroll down to Source Types, and choose Show More > Country Reports.
Learn about each country's people, history, government, politics, economy, and foreign & U.S. relations, as well as travel & business within the country.
Focuses on cultures and countries around the world. Entries contain descriptive summaries of the country in question, including demographic, historical, cultural, economic, religious, and political information.
REFERENCE GT150 .C85
Cultural information for 200+ countries.
REFERENCE HF5389 .M67 2006
Export.gov's Market Research Library includes Country Commercial Guides, which provide invaluable background on a country's political and economic environment, leading sectors, trade regulations, investment climate, financing, and business travel.
Country Commercial Guides are freely available. To access the Market Research Reports and Best Market Reports, you must first register with Export.gov.
Guides to doing e-business in 69 countries.
Analysis and forecasts of political and economic risks of doing business.
- Be sure to adjust date limit before searching (try 1 year).
- Afterwards, you probably want to sort by relevance.
Coface considers macroeconomic factors, trade flows, and business environment in their ratings.
ONDD rates 240 countries for risk in terms of export transactions and direct investment.
Credit rating firm A.M. Best looks at economic, political, and financial system risk.