MNGT438: Multinational Management & Culture
News, company information, and market data. A must for international business research, because of its strong international coverage.
Sample Search with audio (Siemens AG in the Middle East, then narrowing to articles about Joint Ventures using the options on the left side of the screen)
Includes international news.
Also features U.S. and international company information and legal materials.
Scholarship in psychology, including scholarly articles and dissertations.
A great place to research cross-cultural communication and differences.
International business treasure trove, including country, industry, and market information; check out especially the useful links from the Resource Desk. From Michigan State University.
Locate official statistics by country, region, or topic. Compiled by U. of Auckland Library.
Library Database. A good place to find information about a company: description, brief history, principals, markets, brands, competitors, and financials.
- It works best to change the pulldown menu next to search box to Company Name.
- Check the box next to Hoover's Company & Industry Reports and/or International Company Reports in the Select Source(s) area of the search screen. (Look for Hoover's In-depth Records in your results list.)
Go to Dossier Create a List of Companies to generate lists of companies by industry code, geography, revenue criteria.
Search for companies worldwide by company, product, or industry code, as welll as by country or region. Some functionality and in-depth information is fee-based; Towson University does not have a subscription.
A business research database with access to more than 5,000 industry and country reports across 80 countries, including demographic, macro-economic and marketing statistics; market size and forecasts; analysis of industries; and global trends predicted to influence markets.
National and regional industry profiles. Sample report: Soft Drinks in Russia
To find an industry report, first do a simple search for industry and country. Example: soft drinks and Russia
Next, on the left side of the screen: Under Refine Results > Source Types > select Show More. Select Industry Profiles, if available, to see report(s).
Book in RESERVES HC94.A1 C66
Economic, demographic, and market statistics and trends for consumer industries & products.
Note: RESERVES books are held on the main floor of the library. Ask for them at the Circulation desk.
The library also has:
- Consumer Europe RESERVES HD7022 .C68
- Consumer Asia Pacific & Australasia RESERVES HC411 .C66
- Emerging Consumer Markets RESERVES HC79 .C6E64
(covers Brazil, Russia, India, China, Mexico, South Africa & Turkey)
- European Marketing Data & Statistics RESERVES HA1107 .E87
- International Marketing Data & Statistics RESERVES HA154 .I58
- New Arab Consumer RESERVES HC415.15 .A1 N49
- World Consumer Lifestyles Databook RESERVES HF5415.3 .W67
Go to Advanced Search to select Market Share Reporter & Business Rankings Annual.
Search by product, company, brand, industry code, country, etc., for market shares and other rankings.
- Tables in Market Share Reporter without geographic designation are U.S. figures.
- Older editions are in the library: REFERENCE / STACKS HF5410 .M35 (Market Share Reporter) and REFERENCE /STACKS HG4050 .B88 (Business Rankings Annual)
Brief information and statistics on 266 countries and territories, including "history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues."
This database contains extensive country reports from sources such as Datamonitor, Political Risk Yearbook, and the Economist Intelligence Unit.
To locate the reports, first search for the name of a country. Then, on the lefthand side of the page, under Refine Your Results: scroll down to Source Types, and choose Show More > Country Reports.
Analysis and forecasts of political and economic risks of doing business.
- Be sure to adjust date limit before searching (try 1 year).
- Afterwards, you probably want to sort by relevance.
Export.gov's Market Research Library includes Country Commercial Guides, which provide invaluable background on a country's political and economic environment, leading sectors, trade regulations, investment climate, financing, and business travel.
Country Commercial Guides are freely available. To access the Market Research Reports and Best Market Reports, you must first register with Export.gov.
Guides to doing e-business in 69 countries.
Focuses on cultures and countries around the world, specifically what is and is not shared culturally by the people who live in a particular country. Entries contain descriptive summaries of each country.
Each national profile includes questions on interpersonal, cultural, & workplace norms, with answers from both a local and Canadian perspective.
Book in REFERENCE HF5389 .M67 2006
Book in REFERENCE GT150 .C85
Cultural information for 200+ countries.