Distance Learning Services
Faculty and students in the distance learning community at Towson University are of two types.
|Online||Takes or teaches ALL classes online|
- The delivery of physical items (e.g. books, print dissertations, etc.) to the school-year residence.
- Note: All textbooks and media items are excluded.
- Electronic delivery of scanned articles/chapters that the Library only owns in print format.
Using the Services
- Set ILLiad status to "Off-Campus Student" or "Off-Campus Faculty".
- Ensure school-year address is current and correct.
- Request books and articles, including those owned by the Library.
Off-Campus Delivery may take additional time. Consider using full-text articles in the Library's Research Databases or requesting chapters rather than complete books for quicker access.
Patrons are responsible for the cost of return postage for physical items.
Note:Only Off-Campus students and faculty are eligible for Off-Campus Delivery Service.
The Distance Learning Librarian helps ensure equivalent library services and resources to the distance learning community. Contact the Distance Learning Librarian for any of the following support requests:
- Off-Campus Library Instruction
- Research Support (including Interlibrary Loan)
- Student Referrals
- Tutorial Requests
Online Class Support
Faculty can request that a librarian be embedded in the Blackboard site for a course.
Librarians will work with you to determine appropriate and timely online supports for student work.
- An "Ask A Librarian" discussion board
- Virtual office hours
- Timely sharing of relevant Help Guides
- Student consultations
- Library instructional modules or real-time instruction
- Research-related assessment
If you take all classes online or at an Off-Campus Site, the Distance Learning Librarian works to specifically address your needs.
- Access & Delivery
Assistance getting library materials and using library services in a timely way
- Online Presence or Off-Campus Visits
Instruction, reference, and consultations through Blackobard or at an Off-Campus Site
- Basic Research Support
Help with information about library services, with basic database searching, and with citations
- Subject Expertise
Collaboration with or referral to subject librarians
Distance Learning Librarian