Distance Learning Services
Faculty and students in the distance learning community at Towson University are of two types.
|Online||Takes or teaches ALL classes online|
- The delivery of physical items (e.g. books, print dissertations, etc.) to the school-year residence.
- Note: All textbooks and media items are excluded.
- Electronic delivery of scanned articles/chapters that the Library only owns in print format.
Using the Services
- Set ILLiad status to "Off-Campus Student" or "Off-Campus Faculty".
- Ensure school-year address is current and correct.
- Request books and articles, including those owned by the Library.
Off-Campus Delivery may take additional time. Consider using full-text articles in the Library's Research Databases or requesting chapters rather than complete books for quicker access.
Patrons are responsible for the cost of return postage for physical items.
Note:Only Off-Campus students and faculty are eligible for Off-Campus Delivery Service.
Cook Library's Research & Instruction librarians provide equivalent library services and resources to the distance learning community. Contact your liaison librarian or Claire Holmes, Assistant University Librarian for Research & Instruction for any of the following support requests:
- Off-Campus Library Instruction
- Research Support (including Interlibrary Loan)
- Student Referrals
- Tutorial Requests
Online Class Support
Faculty can request that a librarian be embedded in the Blackboard site for a course.
Librarians will work with you to determine appropriate and timely online supports for student work.
- An "Ask A Librarian" discussion board
- Virtual office hours
- Timely sharing of relevant Help Guides
- Student consultations
- Library instructional modules or real-time instruction
- Research-related assessment
If you take all classes online or at an Off-Campus Site, Cook Library's Research & Instruction Librarians work to address your needs. Contact your librarian for help with any of the following services:
- Access & Delivery
Assistance getting library materials in a timely way
- Online Presence or Off-Campus Visits
Instruction and consultations through Blackboard or at an Off-Campus Site
- Research Support
Guidance using library services, research help, and citation assistance